Falls, accidents and injuries, these are the matter of that purple bruise that you get after experiencing any of these. Bruise is a temporary discoloration of skin followed by mild pain and swelling. Research has shown that the leading matter of frequent bruising is a deficiency of vitamin K and vitamin C in body. You often experience pain and abscess along with the bruise. If your skin bruises easily then seek natural remedies and curtail bruises naturally.
Cabbage, packed with vitamin K and vitamin C, is one of the best foods to reduce bruises. Either raw or grated, cabbage makes a great anti-reduce salad. Cabbage can also be used topically to heal bruises.
- Cut the ridges of cabbage, dip them into hot water and then apply it to the bruised area.
- A diet rich in cabbage can be beneficial for people who get bruises frequently.
Spinach is a rich source of fiber, vitamin K, folate and vitamin C. It is one of the effective foods to curtail bruises. It helps repair damaged tissues and also helps clot blood.
- Add spinach to your diet when looking for something to reduce bruises.
Oranges are rich in vitamin C and may heal bruises faster. Lack of vitamin C in your diet causes thinning of the walls of your blood vessels and making them delightful and prone to bruises. Vitamin C supplies oxygen to the injured cells thus prevents easy batter.
- Other foods rich in vitamin C that you can enjoy are papaya, broccoli and tomatoes.
Rich in vitamin C and flavonoids, blueberries also help bolster the capillary walls that are weakened by bruises.
- All other berries such as blackberries, raspberries and strawberries are also rich in vitamin C, but among all blueberries are also a good source of vitamin E.
Frequent bruising indicates that your body is not getting ample Vitamin K. Vitamin K helps strengthen capillary walls while making it difficult for them to break and leave a bruise.
- Eat broccoli often for its anti-inflammatory properties to keep up enough vitamin K supply to your skin and avoid bruises.
Bruise looks like that reddish, purplish or black and blue scar that present on your skin often when you have an injury to your skin that doesn’t bleed. Reduce the appearance of bruises by consuming these foods rich in vitamin K and vitamin C and lessen the skin discoloration. These foods are said to benefit anyone prone to bruising.